Privacy is important to us
Our Privacy Principles
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act). We have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information that we collect, store, use and disclose is dealt with in accordance with the NPPs. You can see the full text of the NPPs online at www.privacy.gov.au.
Information we collect
In order to provide you with the products and services that you have requested, we may need to collect and use personal information about you and others. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services. The type of information we may collect and handle includes the name, age, sex, address and email address of you or others. If you buy products or services from us we may also collect your credit card details.
However, we do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Act (eg. information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health).
Purpose of collection
Whenever possible, we collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. If we collect it from another source, we will do what is reasonably possible to inform you that we have collected the information.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- to provide our products and services;
- to inform you and others about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- to seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- to carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- to develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
- to carry out billing and/or debt recovery;
- to conduct consumer and market research;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
The personal information of our customers or their representatives will usually be recorded on our customer relationship database.
Any additional purpose for the collection (not included in this policy) will be identified when we collect the personal information, or as soon as practicable afterwards.
Except where indicated above, we will not disclose personal information to a third party or a supplier that is not a related entity unless:
- the disclosure is for a primary purpose for which the information was collected;
- the individual concerned has consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our agent, service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to disclose and to use the personal information only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to a related body corporate, supplier or business partner; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Website & cookies
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and services and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
Those who prefer not to receive information about our products and services can contact us and ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list. Contact details appear at the end of this policy.
Quality & correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Security of personal information
Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secured servers. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of proper records containing personal information.
We may update or change this policy at any time. When we do so, we will publish the current policy on our website. The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with the NPPs or this policy, please speak to us so that we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Rockend Technology Pty Ltd
PO Box 451
St Leonards NSW 1590
Australia Phone: (02) 9966 0922
Facsimile: (02) 9966 0900